Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) will stream their Scientific Day conference live at no charge this Friday [watch here]. The conference takes place in London but they have also published a schedule in Eastern Standard Time.
Highlights of this year’s conference include:
- The keynote speech by international health expert, co-founder of theGapminder Foundation and TED talks alumnus Hans Rosling on the synergy and conflict between research and advocacy. This will be followed by a panel discussion on the impact of MSF’s research.
- Treatment in conflict and emergency settings including TB in Somalia and hepatitis E in South Sudan
- New approaches to preventing malaria in Mali and Chad, cholera vaccination in an outbreak in Guinea, and preventing malnutrition in Niger by cash transfer and food supplementation
- Challenges for MSF including the introduction of a medical error reporting system and parenteral artesunate for severe malaria
- The role of social media and health looking at the effect of MDR-TB patients blogging about their experiences
Viewers can use the Twitter #MSFSci hashtag to participate during the event on Friday and follow @MSF_UK for more info. The video archive from last year’s event can be found here on Vimeo.